Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things you never knew you needed but can't live without....

Ok so my blogging sucks.  I can't keep up with this blog because quite honestly there isn't much to write about the wedding.  I read all kinds of blogs filled with wedding details, etc and I wanted so badly to write everyday about my wedding planning experience, but I just can't get into it.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the wedding in that all-I-think-about-every-second-of-the-day way, but I just don't have enough to blog about!  Part of the reason I think is because I want things to be a surprise for those of you coming to Disney.  I don't want you to know all the little things we are doing and special "pixie dust" we are sprinkling for our guests.  Sorry, you'll have to wait 10 more weeks!

So, I'm kind of changing this blog into not so much the wedding, but more about our lives.  Don't panic... I'm not writing about the stupid stuff like that we got to cuddle and watch the Steeler game and life is great kind of thing, but more domestic and exciting life stuff, and of course, there will be Disney stuff.  I also will totally do a follow up to the wedding, but until then this blog's a changin'....

So everyone always jokes that showers, both wedding and baby, are about getting things you don't need that you wouldn't buy for yourself.  Our shower situation was a sticky one... we needed absolutely nothing! but wanted certain things that were our own.  Currently, our house has 3 of many things, like dishes, pots and pans, etc.  But the new stuff is our stuff that we will take with us to our new home (stayed tuned in coming months for decisions on that... after the wedding...) and it was stuff that we picked out together. 

Most of the things we registered for were things we knew we would need for cooking or a new bathroom set or picture frames, things of that sort.  However, the best gift we could have ever received was something we never even knew we wanted.

A TOASTER OVEN.

Never in my life have I had one, nor has Kevin but apparently we were missing out.  A friend of mine, Michelle, first told me about this little treasure and how wonderful it would make our lives.  So we picked a cute little white one from Target that was reasonably priced and added it to the registry.  Truth be told, I was hoping we got the rice cooker (that we never got but are totally buying with gift cards!) and hey if we got the toaster oven, great.  Thank goodness we got it!
I swear that baby gets used at least once a day and the amount of food Kevin can now make has trippled.  I no longer have to worry that he's living on peanut butter and jelly if I don't come home for dinner!  Best. shower.gift.ever!!!!

So, if you don't have one, I highly suggest you invest the $30 to get one... it can change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment